1 lb. asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste
(1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
(2) Toss asparagus in olive oil.
(3) Place spears in even layer on oiled cookie sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
(4) Roast for 6-8 minutes (should be tender crisp) or until they are roasted to your liking.
(5) Enjoy! the roast asparagus can be eaten right out of the oven or saved for later. Eaten hot, they are very special when dusted with fresh-grated Pecorino cheese. Eaten cold, these make a remarkable addition to a garden salad with a Lemon Vinaigrette.